Friday 24 May 2019

Pink Shirt Day 2019

This Year for Pink Shirt day we decided to have a fundraiser at our school supporting the Upstander charity going with the whole school goal of being an upstander, we were undecided until we came up with the idea to bake gingerbread cookies with pink icing and sell them to the school and some parents. It was a hit and we made 100s of them selling them for $50c-$1 and we made a profit of $400 to go towards our charity. We found ourselves very successful and I hope we do it again next year. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi there Ruby, My name is Abby and I am a year 7 student at Yaldhurst Model School, or YMS for short.

    I like the way you explained what you did for pink shirt day to stand up to bullying really clearly.

    This reminds me of the pink shirt day at my school. Nearly everyone was wearing pink. But we didn't bake or make anything.

    Next time you could explain what pink shirt day is for and why it's there for some people that might not know. Even though the picture gives it away.

    How many students at your school do you think were wearing pink?

    Kind Regards,
    Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora! My name is Maddison and I am a year 7 student at Yaldhurst Model School.

    It sounds like you had an awesome time there at GMS and it is super cool to see you guys not only supporting an important cause but having fun while doing it.

    It is cool to see that other schools are also take place in this event as well as my school, to make this post even better maybe you could add in some more pictures of you class etc.

    I really liked how you explained what happened in parts of the day and what the cause is and what it is about and I think that you shared this in a very cool fun way.

    Good job.
    - Maddie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.