Thursday 1 August 2019

Book Review: All the Bright Places.

Image result for all the bright places


Just recently I have read this book and here is my review and a small summary of it. 

Book: All the Bright Places 
Author: Jenifer Niven 
Genre: Young Adult, Romance & Fiction
Main Character: Theodore Finch and Violet Markey.
Rating: 5/5 Loved it! 
Summary All the Bright Places is about two teens with depression. Violet’s sister died in a car accident the previous year and Violet blames herself for it. Finch has a long history of acting out and having sudden extreme mood swings. It is heavily implied that he is also bi-polar. At the start of the book both teens have suicidal thoughts, but Finch manages to talk Violet off of a ledge and Violet becomes Finch’s new reason for living. From there the story becomes about their budding romance as well as their personal growth. They learn about themselves and each other while exploring the hidden wonders of Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora!

    My Name is Maddison I am a student at Yaldhurst Model School.

    I think that this book looks very interesting and I hope to read it someday.
    What attracted you to this book?
    Have you read other books written by this author?

    I really like how you shared everything in an easy way. I could understand it very easily.
    I really enjoyed reading your summary I liked how you shared the summary by sharing a lot and making it sound interesting but still didn't give much away.

    I think to improve you could share a little more information or share all of the amazing work you have done in a creative way like a google drawing/ google slide/canva or piktochart.
    -Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Ruby
    My name is Bethan and I'm a year 8 student at Pt England school. I really liked this book review. It's just my type, not to much detail but enough to make you want to read the book.
    Since I love to read I really like to look at book reviews, especially ones by kids my age. I'll definitely read this book.
    Maybe in your next book review you can skip out on telling the major plot build up and that way you can reduce the amount of important spoilers you give. That way you will have the reader hooked and wanting to know what happens
    Cheers
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.